PhilippinesAddicts Rules & Guidelines
Philippines Addicts is dedicated to maintaining a friendly, fun, informative and flame free atmosphere in which our members can share information of general interest about the Philippines, Angeles City, Boracay, Cebu, Davao, Manila, Subic Bay and other areas throughout the Philippines and South East Asia.
The forum is 100% free to join, all we ask is that you respect our rules and be respectful to other members using the forum. We also wish to encourage all of our members to post their questions and comments as information shared will go to the greater benefit of us all in the future.
Any Board Member found to be showing content from this board to non board member Filipino girls will be banned immediately, no exceptions! Don't ruin it for the rest of us thanks!
1. This board operates on the basis of everybody beingable to understand each post and therefore all posts should be madein English to enhance the enjoyment of the board by all members.
Philippines Addicts is a mostly adult oriented forum for which membership registration is required in order to see the full content. By registering as a member of the forum you are verifying that you are a mature adult 18 years of age or older. If you are not 18 years of ageor older your registration will be considered invalid.
2. An email address or domain name may not be used as a username.
3. A valid email address is required to register for PhilippinesAddicts. Where an email address is found to be either not valid ornot owned by the registering board member, thenmoderators/administrators may ask for a valid email to be provided.In cases where fraud or intentional deception regarding the email address is suspected by Philippines Addicts team, the board membermay be banned.
4. Each member is permitted to have one account and subsequent accounts will not be approved or if discovered after the fact they will be deleted, attempts to register more than one account may lead to theoriginal account being banned or removed from the board as well.
5. PhilippinesAddicts.com reserves the right to limit or remove the access to theforums of anyone at any time.
6. Asthe purpose of this board is to encourage males to share theirexperiences openly about activities in the Philippines, registrationof female members will be at the discretion of the Philippines Addicts moderators/administrators team.
7. Inappropriate board names are not allowed. Where any screen name is deemed inappropriate by the Administrators/Moderators ,the board member will be given 7 days to notify a new name. Where such notification is not received then the name will either be changed to one of thePhilippines Addicts team choice or the name will be banned.
Business owners wishing to start threads in the Business Owners Forum or post on the Events Calendar should identify themselves to one of the Moderators or Administrators so that their account can be set up with the proper access to those areas. We will then notify you of what you can and cannot do with regard to promoting your business on theforum.
When business owners wish to respond to posts which have complaints about their business on the forum, they are asked to identify themselves to moderators/administrators by personal message. This will help separate your posts from other BMs who may wish to incite or "flame" the original poster. You are reminded though that Rules regarding being civil must also be adhered to in your reply post. There are some forums available which can be viewed without registration that contain a wealth of useful information about travelling and mongering in the Philippines.
You will not be able to post questions inthese forums, make comments or add content without registeringfirst.Again, Philippines Addicts is 100% free to join and you will not beasked for any money, at any time. Prior to registering please readthrough the following rules and policies which you will be requiredto abide by as a member of the forum.
8. Businessowners who advertise with Philippines Addicts agree by registeringthat Philippines Addicts assumes no liability for loss of businessor exposure that may occur should they have their access atPhilippines Addicts removed or restricted.
RESPECTAND BEHAVIOUR ISSUES
9. No disrespectful or inflammatory discussion about members of thePhilippines government is permitted.
10. No disrespectful orinflammatory discussion regarding the current Philippine governmentis permitted this includes all government agencies such as thePhilippine military, police, customs and immigration services. Thisincludes the offering or discussion of bribes.
11. Disrespectful or inflammatory, racist or bigoted comments designedto incite other members are not permitted, flaming of other boardmembers is prohibited, this does not include casual banter amongst friends. If it seems to be going too far then Philippines Addictsstaff will step in to ensure that it is kept fun and friendly.
12. Abusive, defamatory, harassing, racist, bigoted, hateful, obscene,profane, threatening, vulgar or any material which is consideredillegal in either your home country, your host country, the UnitedStates of America or the Philippines is not permitted. This is doneto ensure that Philippines Addicts remains a fun, friendly place tobe as well as to protect the integrity of Philippines Addicts.Ignorance of any law being violated will not be accepted as anexcuse or reason
13. Degrading comments regarding anyone or anything posted by anyone, including pictures, as well as religious and/or racial slurs will not be tolerated under any circumstances. You will be warned and banned if this behaviour is repeated. Just remember that people take time to post their pictures and views, so if you disagree or don't likethem, please keep that to yourself.
In this section a reference to photos will include any form ofelectronic pictorial form including videos.
14. Posting of personal photos, or information of a personal nature without the permission of the individual is not permitted unless it is quoting a post made by the person in question or their permission has been obtained. Permission will be considered to have been obtained if the person has allowed their picture to be taken, unless it has been specifically requested that their picture not be posted. Posted photos may be removed arbitrarily by Philippines Addicts staff or if requested by the subject of the photo. At other times Philippines Addicts staff may request that the poster remove the photo, the reason for request is to be given when the request ismade.
15. No posting of pictures of a sexual nature with anyone under the age of 18 years is permitted. No exceptions, you will be banned immediately!
16. Posting of pictures involving sex withanimals is not permitted. No exceptions!
17. Nophotos of nudes are allowed in a board members signature. The reasonis that posting might occur in the Public area of the forum and itwould contravene our no nudes in the Public area policy. Members arealso advised that avatars which may be seen to be pornographic arenot allowed for the same reason. You will be warned if this rule isbreached.
PERSONALINFORMATION AND MESSAGES
18. NoPosting of personal information is allowed whatsoever. Informationsuch as phone numbers, personal Identification numbers, passportnumbers, addresses or other personal information is strictly forbidden and will be deleted immediately. If you violate this ruleyou will be banned immediately!
19. Posting of PersonalMessages or emails sent to you by another member of PhilippinesAddicts or any other message board or Addicts family of sites isstrictly not allowed. Exceptions to this rule may be made if anoffensive, threatening, racist or unproven accusation has been madeagainst another member or Philippines Addicts. The PM or emailshould be brought to the attention of one of the Admin/Mod staff andcollectively they will determine whether it constitutes an offenceunder the rules and take the appropriate action against theoffender. Members are not to take offensive action against othermembers and those who do can expect to have punitive action takenagainst them. Philippines Addicts reserves the right to take actionagainst any board member who breaches this rule and each reportedinstance will be judged individually by Philippines Addictsstaff.
20. Revealing the identity of another board member isnot acceptable unless that board member has either done so on theirown or given their permission to do so.
21. Posting of Personal Messages or quotes from personal messages sent to you by moderators or administrators for moderation or administrative issues is not permitted. Any questions on such matters should be directedto one of the Root Administrators.
DRUGS,GAMBLING, FIREARMS AND PROSTITUTION
22. Gamblingis legal in the Philippines. Discussion of Gambling is permitted onPhilippines Addicts so please post your experiences for other boardsmembers to learn more about.
23. Thetopic of the promotion of illicit drugs is strictly prohibited.
24. Offering of services which constitute prostitution, human trafficking, or similar conduct are not to be posted on this board. Any Board Member who engages in such offers will be immediately banned. Moderators/Administrators are the final judges on whether any postconstitutes such an offering.
25. No discussion is allowed about sex with anyone under the age of 18years is permitted. No exceptions, you will be banned immediately!
26. Discussion of weapons will be permitted on this forum so long as the discussion relates solely to the legal aspects of ownership and licensing. Weapons includes, but is not limited to, firearms, tasers, crossbows, knives or similar apparatuses that require permission to own or possess by the legal authorities of the Philippines, UnitedStates of America , your home country or your host country.
27. Copyrighted material may not be posted without the permission of the copyright holder, this includes copying of material found on PhilippinesAddicts to other places or sites.
28, Copyingand pasting content from other chat boards or forums is prohibited.The content of other chat boards or forums is usually protected bythe same copyright as in rule 26 above. This must be read in conjunction with Rule 27 above. Board members breaching this rulewill be banned immediately and indefinitely.
SPAMAND FALSE INFORMATION
29. Posting of spam is prohibited and posters of such information will be banned immediately. Legitimate advertising will be allowed by members who identify themselves to Philippines Addicts staff provided that they agree to post their advertising in the proper areas. The use of mass PM's for advertising is prohibited and will bring immediate ban. Legitimate business owners may contact any of the Administrators or Moderators for posting permissions for theseareas.
30. Posting of information which is known to be false or which is reasonably considered to be false is not permitted. You will be warned and insome cases banned based on the content.
PHILIPPINES ADDICTS BOARD ADMINISTRATION, ADMINISTRATORS AND MODERATORS
31. The decisions of the Administrators and/or Moderators in any dispute at Philippines Addicts is final. We are human and from time to time make mistakes so please take that into consideration.
32. Philippines Addicts cannot be held responsible for any material posted by board members. Objectionable material may be reported to the Administrators or Moderators may be removed after being reviewed.
33. The rules and policies of Philippines Addicts are subject to change at any time without prior notice. The current rules are up to date as of May 19, 2013
34. Where questions regarding the interpretation of these rules occurs, the interpretation and decision of the Administrators and/or Moderators will be considered correct and final. No posting on Philippines Addicts is allowed about decisions made the Admins or Mods.
35. Action may be taken against any member who motors any act that is intent on devaluing the forum and/or the reputation of Philippines Addicts.com forum and staff. Including slanderous statements either on this forum or any other website/forum. Additionally, any member the Administrators and Moderators believe has affected or will affect the integrity and tone of the board will be banned.
36. All content posted on Philippines Addicts is owned by Philippines Addicts.com. We respect your privacy and the Data Protections Act 1998. In line with this rule no Board member is authorized to show content from this board to a non member. This includes any post, personal messages and photographs. Non members includes wives, partners, family members and girlfriends/boyfriends. Board members breaching this rule may be warned or even banned depending on the decision of the Administrators/Moderators as to the seriousness of the breach.
37. Any Board Member found to be showing content from this board to non board member Filipino girls will be banned immediately, no exceptions! Don't ruin it for the rest of us thanks!
38. Administrators/Moderatorsgive freely of their time for the benefit of the board and itsmembers.
Thereforeany board member who questions the actions of, denigrates, ridiculesor flames an administrator/moderator by posting in a topic orshout, either on this board or any other place/forum,will be dealtwith severely with the likely outcome being a suspension or ban.
Ifyou have a problem with the actions of any administrator/moderatoruse the Private Message system to outline your concern or email usat [email protected] Complaints will be treated fairlyand without bias so they may be resolved.
If you have questions regarding the above rules and policies may send a personal message or email us at [email protected] the topic in question.
Remember: We do not welcome personal attacks and this includes disparaging comments made in regard to pictures posted by our members. Please respect individual likes and tastes as not all of us enjoy the same things. If you don't have something nice to say then it is preferred that you say nothing at all. Please respect Philippine culture the Philippine government and Philippine people. Philippines Addicts reserves the right to reproduce anything that is posted on our site but we will respect your privacy with photos and identities. Philippines Addicts reserves the rights to add value to members posts by linking words to external web pages. This can include authoritative sites such as, wikipedia etc This gives the end user a more informative write up. If we add subtle links we will not change the context of your post. We will be updating this list of rules and guidelines from time to time as issues not previously covered arise. Please enjoy our forums and happy posting to all, we look forward to you adding your content to make Philippines Addicts the best information site about thePhilippines on the Internet today!